We hope to see you at our meeting on Saturday at 2.00pm GMT via Zoom. We will be using the content of the Rootstech talks as a basis for our meeting
Some Rootstech key points to note
- Event spread – The event runs from Thurs 25th Feb till Saturday 27h February – with event dates extending into Weds and Sunday depending on your time zone.
- Do not get overwhelmed – There is a lot of material but nearly everything will be made available on demand after it goes live or having been pre-recorded and
- You do not have to cram – because the on demand material will be available for 365 days! So you can spread your interest out.
What we would ask – for those of you attending our Zoom meeting on Saturday
- Choose one or more talk/session of interest to you that has some connection to the Caribbean and/or DNA for example
- Session links below
- Watch it and consider
- key learning points you take from it,
- how you would summarise it
- be willing to share this to initiate a discussion in out group meeting
- In that way we are hoping to have a number of relevant topics to discuss in group during the hour (approximate) we have allocated for this in the meeting – see agenda below
If you know you will be accessing a particular talk and can contribute in the above way on Saturday, then do email and say which event. Ideally it would be good to have all of the talks on the attached (document) lists covered.
Our Zoom Meeting Agenda – Saturday 27th Feb 2021 – at 2pm
- 1.50 to 2.10 pm – Joining the Meeting and informal hellos/welcome
- 2.10 to 2.30 pm – Formal welcome and introductions followed by short announcement by the Group Committee Chair
- 2.30 to 3.30 pm – Discussion on Roots Tech sessions/teachings we have experienced so far – for the benefit of individuals present and the group.
- 3.30 to 4.00 pm – Brick Walls/Research Queries anyone may have.
- 4.00pm – Formal end of meeting – some informal discussion can continue beyond this
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!