Our next meeting will be tomorrow, Saturday 27th November at 14.00hrs (GMT) via Zoom.
Please join us. Our discussion topic will be Census records .
- Welcome and short introductions
- Introduction to Census records – as a topic – with a UK and US focus and covering an introduction to the launches of the UK 1921 and US 1950 Censuses online (in January and April early 2022 respectively,)
- Video example – following a family of Caribbean origin through the 1910 to 1940 censuses in the USA
- Introduction to a Census substitute from Jamaica
- Sharing and discussion of attendees’ experiences of using the census records.
- Consideration of what next? – in terms of what further information on Census records we could develop for future meeting(s).
Please email us here to register for our meeting. First time attendees are free of charge, thereafter £5.00 per session or £20 annual membership fee. If you would like to join our group, the membership fee can be paid through the Parish Chest.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
This will be our last meeting this year, as we have a break in December. Our first meeting of 2022 will be on Saturday 29th January . Make a note in your diary!