Our October research meeting will be tomorrow, Saturday 29th October at 14.00hrs (BST) . It will be part of our open day so will be a hybrid meeting over Zoom and in person at Solihull Library. Our speaker will be Steve Porter who will be presenting a talk on tracing ancestors back to the period of slavery in Jamaica.
If you would like to join us over Zoom, please register here for the meeting and we will send you a link. This meeting is free of charge for all.
If you are able to join us in person at Solihull Library, please see information below for the plans of the day. You will find us on the first floor.
Open Day Details
Location – First Floor, Core Library, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 SRG and Onlne (via Zoom)
Date and times – Saturday 29th October 2022, 10am – 4pm
Areas or Zones of activity –
- Welcome and Information Table – first floor at top of internal ‘open’ stairs
- Welcome – from a member of our team.
- Books and materials on view and some to purchase.
- Mailing List for further information
- Pedigree Charts and pencils to start the ‘Write down what you know’ – process
- Our Exhibition Area – first floor in view of the Welcome table
- For you to view at your leisure with guidance from one of our members
- Military expert available to answer your questions 11am – 1.00pm
- PC (Computer) Room – first floor
- to do online and further assisted research with the help of members – how to access records
- Byron Room – first floor
- 11am & 12.30pm Beginners’ workshop on the 5 Step – ‘Detective Mindset’ approach of Family History Research which will be delivered face to face and via Zoom
- 2.00pm Research meeting including our main speaker
- Our Main Speaker – Steve Porter – giving his talk via Zoom on finding ancestors in the British West Indies (Caribbean) Slavery Period 1807 to 1838
We hope to see you tomorrow, if you have any queries , please email us here.