To aid you joining us at our Open Day in person, or online, here are further details .
Location – First Floor, Core Library, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 SRG and Onlne (via Zoom)
Date and times – Saturday 29th October 2022, 10am – 4pm
Areas or Zones of activity –
- Welcome and Information Table – first floor at top of internal ‘open’ stairs
- Welcome – from a member of our team.
- Books and materials on view and some to purchase.
- Mailing List for further information
- Pedigree Charts and pencils to start the ‘Write down what you know’ – process
- Our Exhibition Area – first floor in view of the Welcome table
- For you to view at your leisure with guidance from one of our members
- Military expert available to answer your questions 11am – 1.00pm
- PC (Computer) Room – first floor
- to do online and further assisted research with the help of members – how to access records
- Byron Room – first floor
- Beginners’ workshop on the 5 Step – ‘Detective Mindset’ approach of Family History Research which will be delivered face to face and via Zoom
- Research meeting including our main speaker at 2.00pm
- Our Main Speaker – Steve Porter – giving his talk via Zoom on his finding ancestors in the British West Indies (Caribbean) Slavery Period 1807 to 1838
The expected timetable for the day
- All Day – Areas 1,2,3 above – as needed
- 11am and 12.30pm for first and repeat of Beginners’ 5 Step Workshop
- 2pm for our Main Speaker – Steve Porter
To book the Zoom sessions please email here to register your free place. Please share with anyone who may be interested.